Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WELCOME!

It all started with an autograph book. We were coming up on my daughter's first Christmas and my in-laws wanted to be the first to take her to Walt Disney World. You see, for Floridian grandparents it is a right of passage. Since my husband and I were freezing in Boston, we couldn't wait to get back to Florida to defrost our marrow! When we returned from our trip with our flip flop tans and fantastic memories I felt I needed to preserve these memories. I was going thru the pictures and thought it would be fun to add in my daughter's picture with the character next to the autograph. Ho-hum. It needed some pizazz. I added stickers - now we are getting somewhere. I found some pre-cut mickey frames, then some quotes, princess borders,gems and then I done lost my mind! The little 4x6 inch autograph book we purchased in Disney World was about 8 inches thick and could barely close with all the embellishing I did and of course I wouldn't let anyone touch it, especially my little one! Long story short, while planning for our next Disney World visit, I came across DISboards and the Creative DISign forum. (Creative people just keep me on my toes.) There I discovered amazing people with creativity levels unknown to man! Cynthia shared her gorgeous photobooks. Natalie shared her mind-blowing designs. I was hooked! I knew I had to learn how they created what they did so I could make the autograph book I envisioned. Well, now I have learned my way around Photoshop (about as well as Goofy plays baseball) and I am over the autograph book... for now. I have a new Everest to conquer - queue music - my first digitally scrapped photobook! And yes, my little one can touch it.

I have started this blog in hopes of digi-scrap newbies (newer than me) can learn from my errors and, my favorite, sharing lots of freebies. All freebies all the time! Thank you for joining me on my scrapbooking journey...ahh...adventure!

6 comments:

  1. What a great intro!!!! I;m so excited to have you aboard........my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you to be on Natalie's Creative Team! Love your new blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy, welcome to the blogging world! You're going to have a blast on Natalie's team. Looking forward to all your designs and posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Sandy, so glad to see your blog! Great intro! Congrats on being on Natalie's team. Love, love her designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats for the new blog Sandy and for being in Natalies CT´team! WTGG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new blog. I love your blog header, too cute with the Mickey pearls. Look forward to your future posts. Can't wait to see what you do one Natalie's team.

    ReplyDelete